At Centric, we regard the protection of personal data as a very important part of our business operations and services. Protecting this data is the basis of our reliability as a supplier and a business partner. By personal data we mean, in this case, any information about an identified and/or identifiable natural person.
In this privacy statement you can read which of your personal data Centric Netherlands BV (Centric) and the companies affiliated with or connected to us collect. We collect this information because we have an agreement with you or are in contact with you about our services and products.
This statement provides information on the following:
- why we process personal data
- how long we keep personal data
- how you can view and make changes to your personal data we hold
- how we protect your personal data.
Our privacy promises
Our privacy promises can be summarised as follows:
- Purpose and limitation: Centric only processes personal data for specific, explicit, legitimate purposes.
- Basis: In each case, Centric only processes personal data on the basis of one of the legal grounds.
- Minimising data collection: Centric takes measures to keep the amount of personal data we process to a bare minimum.
- Transparency: Centric provides stakeholders, such as clients, prospects, employees, applicants, seconded workers, and suppliers, clear insight into how Centric uses their personal data.
- Security: Centric takes security very seriously. In every choice we make, we include measures to see that privacy is protected as well as possible.
Personal data protection
Centric does its utmost to ensure your personal data is handled with care at all times. Furthermore, we do all within our power to prevent the loss and/or any unlawful use or processing of such data. We do this through the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational measures, including some of the latest innovations in the area of security. Where we need to share your personal data with third parties in order to perform our duties, we conclude data processing agreements for this purpose.
If, despite our best efforts, a security and/or data breach occurs, we will act in accordance with the company procedure we have drawn up for this purpose. In such a case, we will of course do everything we can to minimise the consequences of the breach.
If the breach poses a risk to privacy, we will report this to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. When desirable, and in any case when required by law, we will also inform the data subjects about the breach.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data processed by Centric.
- The right to rectification
You have the right to have Centric rectify and/or complete your personal data.
- The right to erasure/“be forgotten”
You have the right to have Centric erase your personal data.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to have Centric transfer your personal data to a third party.
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right of restriction of processing of your personal data by Centric.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to have decisions made about you made by a person (unlike with automated decision making).
- The right to object
You have the right to object to Centric regarding the processing of your personal data.
How to exercise you rights
Centric takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously and has, accordingly, appointed a privacy officer who can answer any question you may have concerning privacy rights. You can contact the Centric privacy officer via email@example.com.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Centric handles your data as transparently and carefully as possible. If you do have a complaint about the processing of your data, we ask that you first contact our privacy officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then do our utmost to resolve your complaint. In the unlikely event that you do not agree with the measure taken, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Data processing information sheets
In addition to this privacy statement, Centric has opted to draw up individual information sheets for specific areas/types of processing. These information sheets describe the following for the specific area they cover:
- Why do we process your personal data?
- Which categories of personal data do we process?
- Who has access to your personal data?
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- What personal data security measures are taken?
Information sheets are available for the following areas/types of processing:
For Centric employees, the staff manual explains how the General Data Protection Regulation is applied in their case.
Updates to our privacy statement
This version of our privacy statement took effect on 8 February 2019. Centric posts updates to this statement from time to time so that you always have access to the most recent version.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or a letter to our postal address: Postbus 338 / 2800 AH Gouda / The Netherlands.